Wednesday 11 April 2012

daddy

    
heaven extended its hand to you
forced your soul to depart
separated us apart
when i was just about to blow
the fourth candle on my cake
   
you left me just like that
mother earth swallowed you whole
led you through the eternal hole
and laid you on the golden slumber
in  the best chamber forever

i don’t really miss you, though…
never dream about you either…
you are just a picture hanging on the cracked wall
old and dusty, uninterestingly dull…
i am sorry i don’t even hang any…
   
did you love dogs or did you raise roosters?
did you play chess?
did you prefer the black label to bloody mary?
i have no clue…
did you let me sit on your laps?
did you comb my hair?
did you sung  lullabies before i sleep?
did you tickle my tummy and toes?
did you watch me giggle?
what was your favorite color?
did you know mine?
i bet you liked black
i love blue,  it’s so true  
  
just enjoy your time up there dad…
sing nice hymns with michael and gabrielle
one day i’ll join you
when heaven extends its hands to me
carrying my soul to join the heavenly choir
   
never worry about me dad,
i am more than just fine 
i am in complete content    
to be alone...



@made in poem
April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment